Friday, July 16, 2010

The yard....nearly done!

As promised, I needed to post the pictures of the yard in completed form.  If you need a refresher, this is what it looked like just a few short months ago after Daddy destroyed it.

It can only get better from here post



These pictures are from a few months ago because if I took pictures today it would not look as good.  The summer is taking its toll on all the plants and grass, but come fall when it cools down again I am sure it will be beautiful.

The first step was to get the new trees planted.  Mommy and Daddy picked citrus trees - a lime tree and a tangerine tree.  Once those were planted Daddy got busy putting in a raised planter along the back wall. 

Then Daddy put edgers around the trees so that the grass doesn't spread and it looks pretty.  I am learning he always finds a reason to be able to use a power tool!

As soon as the planter was in Mommy and I went to the nursery to pick out some plants for a garden.  We bought tomatoes, zucchini, bell peppers, jalapenos, cilantro and basil.  We spent one evening outside planting.  It was a lot of fun because Daddy let me play in the dirt.  Well, until I put a handful in my mouth.  The next step would be planting grass.

Next the pool fence went in.

Here are some of the finished pictures.  As you can see the grass will need to be seeded one more time to get ready for me to play on it, but that will have to wait until it cools down in October.  I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment