Monday, July 12, 2010

My first 4th of July

Last weekend was the 4th of July.  I thought I would tell everybody about it because it seemed to be such a big deal for Mommy and Daddy.  We were much more busy than we usually are.  But mainly I just wanted to show everybody all the cute outfits I got to wear.  My first indication of a holiday approaching was Mommy got us dressed in my first special outfit for Stroller Strides.  All the babies were dressed in cute red, white, and blue onesies and even some of the mommies participated.  It was a funny class because Mommy had to pretend to be fireworks as she worked out and we listened to lots of music about USA.  Here is the first outfit I wore....


Then came Saturday.  Mommy was very busy early with a trip to the store before 9 AM.  She decided to make brownies from scratch and top them with vanilla ice cream, strawberries, and blueberries as a festive dessert to take to two different BBQ's we would go to over the weekend.  Then she started baking.   Boy oh boy what a mess she makes.  The funniest part was when she tried to double the recipe and when she went to add all the ingredients into the mixer it came splashing out the top of the bowl all over the counters.  She yelled, Daddy sighed, and I giggled.  I wanted to stay close to the action so I made myself busy in the tupperware cupboard.  And notice my very cute second outfit....


That afternoon we headed over to Daddy's friend Rebecca's house.  He knows her through work and this was the first time I got to meet her.  She was very friendly, but I was mostly interested in all the dogs that were there.  I spent a lot of time in the pool with Daddy and some time napping on Daddy's shoulder.   We got home at dinner time and I was worn out. 

Sunday started with Mommy doing some more baking.  This time she seemed to have everything under control and it went much smoother.  That is until she tried to cut watermelon and cut the end of her thumb.  Daddy had to run and get supplies to get her finger bandaged up.  Once again I was just sitting in the middle of it all, on the floor, just watching.  Here is me and Mommy and my third outfit....

That afternoon we went over to Bev and Lance's house.  I got to see my friends Savannah and Zane and play on the floor with them.  I also got to do some more swimming with Daddy, Lance, Rod, and Zane.  Zane jumped into the pool for the very first time all by himself and I wanted to try it too.

 We got home once again just in time for dinner and bedtime.  I was very tired again and fell asleep right away.  Mommy told me the next day that she and Daddy got to see some fireworks from the patio.  I am not sure what those are yet, but they sound pretty and maybe next year I will get to see some too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment