Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Busy, busy, busy...

Wow, I have just been too busy to post to this blog.  I guess I better write a long one that covers all the excitement I have had during June.  Why am I too busy you ask?  Because I am on the move!  I am going strong every waking hour.  I love being able to crawl all over the house, pulling myself up on every flat surface and knob in reach.  I chase balls on the wood floors, I try to get to all the laptop and TV cords I can reach, I open and pull out all the DVD's from the DVD player, I try to help Mom with emptying the dishwasher, and I love standing at the back sliding door and will it to open so I can go outside.


This is a picture that Mom took.  I think she was confused because every time she sees me lately this is the view she gets and I think she is starting to think this is my face.


On the weekend after we got home from our big Portland trip, Daddy got busy with the baby proofing.  Of course I wanted to help out.  While he was putting locks on the kitchen cabinets I was right with him every step, or crawl, of the way.

Daddy had a work trip and he left for a couple of days leaving me and Mommy home alone.  Luckily Gram and Auntie Meg came to visit while he was gone and I had people to play with.  

Gram and I spent a lot of time playing with blocks and books and learning about different shapes and animals. 

We also spent a lot of time in pool.  It was the first of the really hot days and Meg and Gram went swimming at least once day and sometimes more.

One night Mommy and Auntie Meg decided to go out to dinner and a movie with the Stroller Strides mommies and they left me with Gram.  I have been having a hard time when Mommy is out of my sight and I was feeling a little confused because Daddy had left so when she left that night I decided I was going to do my best to get her to come home.  I started crying and didn't stop for my dinner, my bath, or my night time bottle.  Gram gave up and called Mommy.  She came home instead of going to the movie and as soon as she walked in the door, I stopped crying and was happy again.  I promise that the next time I get one-on-one time with Gram I will be much happier about it.

Gram braved the heat with Mommy for the last week that Stroller Strides classes were held outside.  It was very hot for the two classes she came with us.  But we had a special day and took pictures for Father's Day.  I held the letters D and A while Mommy took my picture.  Then Mommy put together a picture frame with me spelling out D-A-D.  I wasn't sure what to think of the ten moms yelling "Smile!" at me so this was the face I made in ALL of the pictures.

For Father's Day we took a road trip to get out of the heat and headed up to Sedona.  It was a beautiful day in Sedona.  The red rocks were beautiful but I didn't get to spend much time looking at them because I was stuck in the stroller for most of the day.

We wandered around the downtown area all day going into all the gift shops and art galleries.  It was fun to watch Mommy, Gram and Meg look at all the silly things you can buy in all the shops.

Around lunch time Uncle Bunie and Cousin Kiana made it up.  We all had lunch together and then wandered through the town.  I don't think they were all that excited about all the shopping that Mommy, Gram, and Meg were doing so they didn't stay long, but it was nice to see them for a little while.  But we left shortly after too so that Daddy could make it back to see the end of the U.S. Open in golf.  

 Me and Daddy on Father's Day

Auntie Meg and Gram left a few days later after more swimming and more playing.  Since then the only excitement Mommy and I have had is Stroller Strides.  Anytime Mommy takes me outside it is HOT!  She tells me that it is over 110 degrees, but I don't really understand what that means.  All I know is that I am constantly sweating anytime I am in the car or out and about.  So we stay inside.  We usually go swimming later in the afternoon when the sun is mostly off the pool.  I mostly crawl around and play, with some eating and napping in the middle.  And Mommy yells at me a lot because I always seem to be into something I shouldn't be.  I just don't understand why I can't play with all the things that Mommy plays with all the time.  And I am still worried anytime Mommy leaves the room.  I just don't like it at all when she is out of my sight.  I am good at throwing a fit so that she will come back quickly.  Here are some the pictures she takes of me while we are playing on the floor and us reading on of my favorite books.

No comments:

Post a Comment