Wednesday, December 16, 2009


It has been a few weeks since I have posted and I thought I needed to update with everybody on my exciting couple of weeks.  The week after Thanksgiving Mommy and I stayed in and played.  I think that she was a little tired after having me back all by herself.  Luckily we are getting a good routine down now and she is more and more comfortable getting me out of the house.  Just today we took an outing to the post office to mail all the packages Mommy has been working on until the wee hours of the morning while I am not sleeping.  She seemed a little frazzled, but we made it.  After a practice run at home, Mommy figured out that the best way to handle everything was to put me into my carrier on her chest while all the boxes went into the stroller.  I would like to thank the couple of gentlemen who helped Mommy move the stroller and get the packages on to the counter.  She needed all the help she could get!

Last week was a little unusual.  Daddy had to go to California for work so my Auntie Meg came to stay with Mommy and me.  I sure did miss Daddy a lot.  He is the one that calms me down at night to go to sleep and I had a hard time sleeping without him.  The first night was especially hard because Mommy wasn't quite ready for me to be crying all night and she got a little frustrated with me.  But by the second and third night she did much better.  She was just glad to have Daddy home again at the end of the week so that he could take the night shift and take care of me all night while Mommy caught up on sleep.  I don't think that 9 hours in three days was quite enough for her.  While Auntie Meg was here we took my first trip to the mall.  We had a successful trip and got a nice top for Meg to wear to her Christmas party.  Mommy also got a me a cute outfit and a new sweater.  She is such a sucker for clothes for me.  But after only an hour and a half I decided it was time to go.  Mommy tried to postpone by first changing my diaper, and then feeding me in the middle of the store, but I took it one step farther and made my diaper full again (and I mean full) of really stinky stuff!  That got Mommy and Auntie home pretty quickly!   

Here are a few pictures of me and Auntie Meg...

Over the past couple of weeks I have been getting bigger and bigger.  Daddy told me that I looked a lot chubbier when he got home.  I am working on turning my head and pushing myself up while I am on my belly.  I have also started to really focus on Mommy and Daddy's faces and giving them big gummy smiles!  They sure do like it when I do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment